The Legalsense update of January 2024 has version number 24.01 and includes the following changes:
- In the time entries search results, we've made it easier to find the option for moving time entries in bulk to a different submatter. The 'Change matter' button has been renamed to 'Change matter/submatter' when submatters are enabled in your environment.
Clients, matters, and contacts
In the client and matter list, you can perform bulk changes by selecting items and choosing an action. We added the option to update the status of a client or matter to these actions. Please note, the client and matter status fields become available only if multiple statuses have been configured in your Legalsense environment. Should you wish to use this feature, kindly reach out to Legalsense support for assistance.
- When creating disbursements in Legalsense, they are automatically set to the default currency of your Legalsense environment, even if you work with multiple currencies. Starting from release 24.01, you can choose the relevant currency for any new disbursement, provided multi-currency support is enabled in your environment. Please note, this option is available only at the time of creating a new disbursement and cannot be altered afterwards. Additionally, when you add a disbursement in a different currency for a matter that is also set to that same currency, the disbursement will be billed in the exact amount of that currency. For instance, if your firm's default currency is EUR but you create a disbursement for USD 100 for a matter to be billed in USD, the disbursement will be billed as USD 100, unaffected by any exchange rate fluctuations that may occur between the time the disbursement was paid and the time of invoicing.
- The list of disbursements displays the amounts in the default system currency. When viewing a disbursement in detail, the amounts are displayed in the disbursement currency.
- When exporting disbursements to Excel, a new column displaying the currency of each disbursement is added.
- The integration with Exact Online supports the import of disbursements in different currencies. This means that when you use a currency other than your default currency, the disbursement will also be in that currency. Please note that the currencies in your accounting administration match the currencies configured in Legalsense. A non-matching currency configuration can lead to synchronization issues. You can check this in Legalsense via 'Settings' - 'Billing process' - 'Exchange rates'. In Exact Online, you can find this in your administration settings.
- If your accounting integration is configured to import disbursements from your accounting system, a default matter has already been specified for importing disbursements that lack a specific matter number or cost center. This also applies to disbursements accompanied by a number that doesn't correspond to any active matter in Legalsense. In such cases, a notification email will be sent to the administrator of your accounting integration. This enables immediate action to be taken on the disbursement, ensuring the integration process continues smoothly without interruptions.
- When importing disbursements from the accounting system, the purchase invoice number is included. Previously, Legalsense required each purchase invoice number to be unique per creditor, a restriction not mirrored by the accounting systems. We have now aligned Legalsense with the accounting systems by removing this requirement, thereby eliminating a frequently encountered error.
- The 'Peppol ID' field for contacts no longer offers autosuggest functionality. This change allows the entry of non-standard Peppol IDs when required.
- The help text of the 'Peppol ID' field includes a link to the Peppol directory, which allows you to search for the correct Peppol ID of your client.
- You can use the 'Peppol ID' field for a contact even if the Peppol client has not been configured yet.
- Performance improvements have been made within the billing workflow to support a smoother and faster process.
- The base rate for insolvency matters in The Netherlands (Recofa rate) for 2024 is updated to €252,89 (source Insolad).
- The criteria for a valid Belgian VAT number have been updated, now allowing a Belgian VAT code to be valid if it begins with '1', such as BE1xxx.xxx.xxx.
- The "primary_organization" field is added in the Contact endpoint of APIv3.
- A new Trust Accounting Transaction endpoint is added to APIv3.
- A new Tax Percentages endpoint is added to APIv3.