Legalsense offers the possibility of debtor management. In addition to the possibilities offered by the Reports (unpaid invoices per client, per debtor, how long is a invoice outstanding, etc), Legalsense has a number of locations where you can see what the outstanding balance is for the client/debtor in question.
You can find this information at:
- Clients - clients - selected client
- Clients - matters - selected matter
The outstanding balance between the above mentioned overviews can differ because the outstanding balance of client shows the total outstanding balance of this client and the open balance of the matter only shows the balance of the related matter.
The payment status of an invoice can be updated in 2 ways:
- Automatically (if there is an integration with accounting software)
- Go to 'invoices' and check the box next to the relevant invoice
- Click on the 'Mark as paid' button.
A manual payment has now been added and the invoice is now shown as paid.
If Legalsense is integrated with accounting software, the payment status in Legalsense is automatically updated when a payment in the accounting is set off against the open invoice (and this entry has been made finalised).
If an invoice is not settled within the agreed payment deadline, the choice can be made to send a reminder. A separate template for reminders is available which can be adapted to your wishes. How to do this can be found under the following link: Reminders or dunning
Once the template is ready the reminders can be created:
- Go to 'Invoices' - 'Debtor overview'.
Here you will find an overview of the invoices for which the payment term has been exceeded.
- Tick the invoices for which you want to create a reminder and click on 'New Reminders'.
- You will now see a selection screen
Here you indicate which template should be used (an English template or an other template) and which invoices should be included in the reminder (all open invoices, selected invoices or only overdue invoices).
- Click on create. Now the reminders are generated in the background. When the reminders are generated you can download them and send them by mail. You can also send the reminders by email using the button 'Send reminder emails'.
Please sign in to leave a comment.