Sometimes an advance payment invoice has been sent, the amount of which is higher than the final fee amount of hours actually spent. This results in a residual amount of advance to be settled in the matter.
How you should this be handled in Legalsense?
1. Go to the relevant matter;
2. Click on 'New invoice' - 'Based on matter';
3. Click on 'Settle outstanding advances' and then choose 'Yes, settle all outstanding advances fully';
4. Finalize the draft invoice and send it to the client;
5. The remaining advance amount can then be transferred to the client.
In the matter, the advance is then fully settled.
Please sign in to leave a comment.