If your Legalsense environment does not have a link to an accounting software application you can add disbursements manually.
Adding a disbursement can be done in the menu 'Disbursements' by clicking on the button 'New disbursement':
You will then get the entry screen for the 'disbursement':
Below we explain some of the options. The fields marked with '*' are required fields.
- Date*: date of the disbursement;
- Is purchase: if this option is checked, the disbursement will be booked as a purchase invoice to the accounting application. A creditor and purchase invoice number must be specified. If your environment does not have a link to an accounting software application, you can leave this option unchecked;
- Creditor: when you click on the green '+', you can manually create the name and, if desired, bank account number and bic code of the creditor in question. Hereafter you can use a drop down menu to select the name of the creditor for future invoices;
- Matter*: here you specify the matter on which the disbursement must be booked;
- Type of expense: for specifying the type of expense (travel expenses, bailiff fees, court fees etc.). The options available here can be found under 'Settings - 'Lists' - 'Disbursement types' (if you have the rights to do so);
- Description: description of the expense. This will also appear on the invoice specification;
- Amount*: the amount stated on the invoice;
- Amount entered is*: here you indicate whether the amount is inclusive or exclusive of VAT;
- Tax rate*: you specify the applicable VAT rate here;
- Is billable: is the disbursement billable or not;
- Attachment: You can add an attachment to the expense (e.g. a scanned copy of the invoice).
Click on 'Save' when everything is completed. The disbursement is then saved on the matter and (if billable is ticked) available for billing.
Please sign in to leave a comment.