The October 2018 (18.134) update of Legalsense contains the following changes:
- On the time entry forms, when there is only one choice left in the selection list and you press the ‘TAB’ key, this choice will be automatically selected. Before you would have to first select the choice by using the arrow (down) key before pressing the ‘TAB’ key. N.B. This change also applies to other selection lists in Legalsense.
- There are new permissions available for restricting the view of time entries to only matters where one is the ‘Matter supervisor’ or ‘Billing supervisor’. Please contact Legalsense support if you want to apply these permissions at your organization.
- A field for ‘Client’ has been added to the advanced search for matters. This allows you to search all matters for this client.
- A warning will be displayed above a draft invoice and when finalizing a single invoice when there is billable time in the same matter and period that is not on the draft invoice. This will help to discover time entries that have been written after the invoice has been created and that perhaps should be included on that invoice.
- A warning will be displayed above a draft invoice and when finalizing a single invoice when there are other draft invoices available for the same matter.
- The choices for adding custom lines to an invoice can be extended under ‘Settings - Lists - Custom invoiceline types’. You can also specify the ledger account that should be used when exporting the revenue to your external accounting application (for example Twinfield). This is useful when you have a recurring type of revenue – for example when you are charging sub-lease to a different company - that you want to add to an invoice every period.
- There are new permissions available to restrict viewing invoices to only invoices of matters where one is ‘Matter supervisor’ or ‘Billing supervisor’. Please contact Legalsense support if you want to apply these permissions at your organization.
- When viewing a report, all active filters on the report are being displayed at the top when you have permissions to edit a report.
- The report overview pages can now be changed to a one, two or three column layout instead of the current three column layout. For reports with longer names, this will make the report page more readable.
- A bullet icon has been added to the report overview pages to improve readability.
- Users/managers that received a copy (CC) mail of 'missing hours' mails sent to others, now receive a single overview mail of all users that have not reached their total hour target/roster.
- The "total hour" target can be automatically computed based on presence rosters.
- A 'lock' icon for the 'recofa category' field has been added to the time entry form by 'Hand' (on the time entry homepage) similar to how there are lock icons for the ‘user’, ‘matter’ and ‘activity’ fields. Pressing the lock icon will remember the choice of the recofa category for the next time entry.
- When generating a salary invoice (through the insolvency report options) you will be notified that a salary invoice is being generated.
- Insolvency report: we changed the date notation from 2018-01-01 to 01-01-2018.
- Insolvency report: the print area of the summary pages has been improved and will automatically scale to the default paper size of the printer.
- The employee number has been added to the Excel export of users.
- When a credit invoice was created we used to set an ‘ignore payment’ status to the original and credit invoice. This was causing differences between Twinfield and Legalsense when both invoices were not matched (against each other). When Twinfield is used, we no longer set this ‘Ignore payment status’, and follow the Twinfield payment status.
- The trust accounts overview (list of trust accounts per matter) and the detailed trust accounts booking per matter can be exported to Excel.