The Legalsense update of December (18.139) contains the following changes:
- A new report named 'Hours report' has been added. This makes it possible for users to request a report containing the written hours for a certain week or month and also the expected hours (based on the 'presence roster'). If a user is only allowed to see his/her own hours, he/she can only request this report for those hours. The report can be displayed on the screen or exported to Excel. If a user does not have a roster, the report will only display the written hours.
- For the 'Per day' time entry, it was not immediately clear when a selected matter also had submatters or products available. The availability of submatters or products is now more clearly indicated after selecting a matter.
Client and matters
- A fixed fee that can be set for a matter can now be calculated based on the client rates (the rates set for the client). Previously, this could only be done based on the default hourly rates. This setting is available when choosing 'Fixed fee/price' as a pricing scheme for a matter.
- The value of the "matter supervisor" and the "billing supervisor" (naming may differ per Legalsense environment) was derived from the value of the originating user of the client and/or matter if a (deviating) value was not specifically filled in. In that case, changing the originating user on the client or matter also led to changing the matter and/or billing supervisor for the matter. The link between these fields has now been removed and when creating a new matter there is only an initial suggestion for these fields based on the chosen originating user of the client.
- We aligned the rules for deleting a matter that with the rules for archiving a matter. Until now it was sometimes possible to delete a matter while it was not possible to archive this matter
- We now support the new Dutch VAT low rate, which will change from 6% to 9%. If you have an integration or export to accounting software and the Dutch VAT applies, you are required to set the applicable ledger account that you want Legalsense to use for this rate, before any updates with this rate can be sent. If you do not set the new ledger account (in the settings), an error message will appear when you do the first export with the new VAT rate.
- From January 1st, 2019 on, a new pricing schedule for Dutch Insolvency matters (Recofa) shall come into effect. We now support this new pricing, so that it is possible to bill hours written in 2019 with the new pricing scheme. The change does not have a retroactive effect, so the current pricing scheme will remain available until further notice for time written up to and including 31 December 2018.
- It is possible to activate an extra authentication step per account/user or for all accounts/users. The so-called 'two-factor authentication' (or 2fa) ensures that in addition to logging in with a user name and password, an extra (temporary) code (also called a 'one-time password (OTP)') is also requested. A user can add a device that generates these codes. For more information see Configuring Two Factor Authentication (2FA) for end-users and Two-factor authentication setup for administrators.
- In Legalsense it is possible to enforce a certain strength level for passwords. The underlying software that determines the strength is updated to a new version. As a result, Legalsense passwords that were previously considered strong enough for the set level may no longer meet that level. You may therefore be asked to set a new password when logging in. Legalsense recommends using a Password manager so that you can easily set up a unique and complex password for Legalsense and save it in a secure way.
Changes in the Legalsense REST API
- Support for authenticating with an extra token (see above about two-factor authentication).
- A possibility to search/filter on MatterContacts has been added to that Endpoint.
- It is now also possible to search/filter on MatterContactKinds (contact types).