The Legalsense update of October 2020 has version number 20.10 and contains the following changes:
Support for Internet Explorer 11 ends 1 December 2020
Legalsense will stop supporting Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 (IE) as of 1 December 2020. Microsoft has launched an alternative web browser, Edge, in 2015. If you prefer or are required, to use a Microsoft browser, we advise you to use a recent version of Microsoft Edge. Internet Explorer no longer receives major updates adding the latest security and functionality that supports complex web apps like Legalsense. For more information read the article Support for Internet Explorer 11 ends 1 December 2020
Profile pictures (avatars)
For each user, you can add a profile picture (avatar), which is displayed in various places in the software. You can see these pictures, for example, on a matter page or when selecting a user.
Debtor management (dunning)
Several new features have been added to the Debtor management overview (for dunning):
- When you create email templates, you can indicate the next template to be used. When you have sent an email for an invoice based on a template, Legalsense will automatically use the next template as the basis for the email when reopening the email window. When a draft email is created and saved, it will be used instead of the default email template.
- In the Debtor management overview you can send a (reminder) email for a single invoice by clicking on the email icon at the end of the row in the table. By selecting multiple invoices using the checkboxes, you can select an email template via 'Send reminder emails' and have it sent for these invoices (reminder emails).
- In 'Advanced search' in the Debtor management overview the field 'Reminder email template' has been added. With this field you can filter the list for invoices for which an email has been sent based on the selected reminder template. For example, you can create and use a 'First reminder' email template. After the term you set has expired, you can then filter the unpaid invoices on invoices where this 'First reminder' email template was last used and send emails for this selection for a 'second reminder'.
- In 'Advanced search' in the Debtor management overview the field 'Debtor supports dunning' has been added with the options 'Yes' and 'No'. No reminder emails will be sent for invoices for debtors for which debtor management is disabled.
- In Debtor management overview, the results can be grouped by Age category, Matter supervisor or Billing supervisor. When you export the results to Excel, the file contains a worksheet 'Total' and worksheets per grouped value as well.
- When editing all time entries on a draft invoice, the buttons 'Change matter' and 'Zero rate' have been added for a selection of those time entries. These buttons were already available when editing time entries of a single invoice line.
- The title of each invoice section (each matter on an invoice) - above the table with the invoice lines - now consists of the matter name and the matter number.
- The overview of advance invoices per matter now has a column with the invoice date.
- In the reports, the field names that contained a colon ':' have been changed to use a dash '-' instead.
- A 'Cost price' and 'Variable cost price' can be set for functions and/or users. These cost prices work the same as the hourly rates: when a function has a cost price (rate), all users will inherit this rate unless a separate rate is set for the user.
- In the report builder the columns 'Cost price amount' and 'Variable cost amount' have been added. These columns contain the costs for the organization based on the rates set for the users and/or functions.
When using multiple currencies within your Legalsense environment, the following functionality is available.
- Dashboards can be viewed in a different currency by clicking on "Currency" in the top right corner and selecting the desired currency.
- On a matter page, financial data (rates, advances, budgets, disbursements, time entries and invoices) can be displayed in another currency by selecting another currency in the top right corner of "View in Currency". The conversion to the foreign currency is done based on the currently set exchange rate in Legalsense.
- If you have set your own preferred currency (other than the default currency of your environment), the dashboards and matter page will be displayed in this preferred currency by default.
- From the details page of a disbursement you can open the matter page by clicking on the matter name.
- When a new client or matter is created, an email can be sent to configured email addresses. This can be activated on request.
- The results of a conflict check search now include a column Account manager (Clients, Contacts) and a column Supervisor (Matters).
- When searching for time entries (under 'Time - Search') the field 'Parent client' has been added (under 'Advanced Search').
- An administrator in the group 'User management' can manage the preferences of users.
- The endpoint Targets has been added (API v2). This allows you to retrieve the targets that have been set for users.
- The field 'currency' has been added to the Matter endpoint (API v2).
- The field 'billed elsewhere' has been added to the Time entries (Logline) endpoint (API v2).