The Legalsense update of December 2020 has version number 20.12 and has the following changes:
- Legalsense is closely following the Brexit developments and although it is not yet entirely clear what the exact consequences will be for doing business with clients or suppliers in the United Kingdom, we will try to update you and your organization about this as much as possible. See the article Brexit for more information.
- The filter for contacts has been expanded with the fields “Country” and “VAT number entered”. This function supports the search for contacts whose "Applicable VAT" may need to be adjusted because of Brexit.
- It is possible to bulk edit adjust the ‘Applicable VAT’ for selected debtors in one go to ‘Default’ (VAT of own country) or ‘Outside of the EU/EEA’.
Integration with financial accounting software: Fortnox
Legalsense now offers an integration with Fortnox (financial accounting software from Sweden) as well. We will be adding documentation articles for this integration soon. If you are interested in using this integration, please contact Legalsense support.
Contacts / Clients / Matters
- On the detail page of clients and matters, the account manager is displayed.
- The export of contacts to Excel has been extended with a column 'Notes'.
- The export of clients to Excel has been extended with a column 'Billing instructions'.
- The permissions to block billing in a matter and to block time entries on a matter can now be set separately. Please contact Legalsense support if you would like to make use of this.
- The e-mail sent automatically after adding a new client (if configured) has been extended with additional client information.
- If as a user you have set a different "currency" for reports in your preferred settings, the value of the Work in progress under "Search time entries" will also be displayed in this currency. The export therefore contains additional columns for Work in progress, Expected hourly rate amount and Amount in the preferred currency of the user.
- The function of the contact at an organization is displayed in the contact list of the organization.
- The additional fields (custom fields) that can be used for clients, contacts, invoices and matters now also support a type of URL field. This can be used, for example, to store the url to a matter in your document management system (DMS).
- As of this version we support Adyen as well as Mollie as a payment provider to have your invoice paid with a payment link. For more information about setting up payment links in your environment, see the article Payment link.
- On a draft invoice, you can settle outstanding trust accounting amounts (third party funds / client funds). When you are using a financial accounting integration (Twinfield or Exact Online), the trust accounting amounts on the matter will be updated when the invoice is fully processed and finalized in the accounting application and the status has been synchronized (again) with Legalsense.
- For the integration with Exact Online, a configuration setting is added for determining whether the PDF of the invoice will be exported to Exact Online.
- When a description or comment is added to a report, it will always be displayed when viewing the report. You do not have to click the 'Info' anymore button to view this information.
- In the Performance overview, you can choose to only display the grouped result lines using a new option to hide the sub lines. For example, if you group by practice group and hide the sub lines, only the practice groups will be shown in the overview.
- Reports can be filtered on 'Last payment (date)'.
- A group and filter choice is added to the reports (report-builder) for the language of the client or matter.
- The revenue graphs for the personal dashboard that are available based on the matter supervisor revenue, are now also available based on the billing supervisor. One graph shows the revenue per month and the other graph shows the cumulative revenue per month. Please contact Legalsense support, if you want to activate this for your environment.
- When setting the sorting of a report in the report builder, the list of columns that can be sorted is limited to the columns that are included in the report.
- The Insolvency Report (Excel) can be extended with extra sheets that have a summary and an overview of all time entries per year, per employee within the period selection. Please contact Legalsense support to activate this for your environment.
- You can specify an extra user target for the billable hours which is not visible for the user him/herself but only for specific users.
- When the performance report is grouped per function, team or practice group the targets for the function are calculated based on the period in which the function in question was performed instead of showing the annual target.
- The performance report can be viewed in another currency and will by default be displayed in the preferred currency of the logged in user.
- When adding disbursements in Legalsense, the matter field has been made mandatory.
- A user's email address must be unique. An extra check has been added for this. If you have several users with the same e-mail address (in Legalsense), we ask you to adjust this. You can optionally create email aliases for the same email account so you can enter a unique email address per user.
- For the integration with NetDocuments, Legalsense can configure the NetDocuments location (data center) separately. With this we now also offer support for the EU data center in Germany.
- On the detail page of a user the (Variable) Cost price is shown when it is set for the user or function.
- "Proof of registration in the Transparency Register" has been added as document type in the AML-module.
- "Dutch legal entity" has been changed to "Domestic legal entity" in the possible legal forms in the AML-module.
- The display and input of (decimal and thousand separators) numbers and dates can be adjusted according to the local regional settings. For example, you can set the thousands separator in Sweden to be a space ( ) instead of a period (.). Or, for example, we can display the date as "24.12.2020" instead of "24-12-2020 ". Please contact Legalsense support if you want to make use of this.
- The fields ‘to_emails_custom’ and ‘cc_emails_custom’ have been added to the MatterDebtor endpoint (API v1).
- The field ‘finalized_at’ has been added as a field for filtering to the Invoice endpoint (API v2).
- The endpoint “Trust accounting” has been added to the API (v2).
- The endpoints “TaxCountry”, “TaxScheme”, “TaxRate” and “TaxPercentage” have been added to the API (v2).
- The field ‘real_archive_number’ has been added to the Matter endpoint (API v1).
Article is closed for comments.