The Legalsense update of March 2019 has the version number 19.03 and includes the following changes:
- Support for LEDES1998BI has been added. Legalsense already offered support for LEDES 1998B and supports multiple template configurations. When creating a LEDES export template, we can now choose LEDES 1998BI as well. The “BI” version has a number of extra fields that mostly deals with “tax” (VAT) and different currencies. LEDES export is optional in Legalsense and can be activated in your Legalsense environment on request.
- LEDES does not officially support general ‘office expenses’ but Legalsense adds those expenses as an extra ‘expense’ (disbursement) line. The date used for that expense line is now the date of the last time entry on the invoice and not the date of the invoice anymore.
- When specifying the debtor(s) on a matter, you can add multiple email addresses to send the invoice to. Previously, you could only set one ‘To’ address and one ‘CC’ address for sending the invoice email to. On the invoice itself you could already add multiple addresses to receive the invoice email. You can now choose to add multiple email addresses in a text field when adding or editing a debtor on a matter.
- The performance of editing an invoice with a large amount of matters has been improved.
- Custom fields can be configured for invoices. Legalsense already allowed you to set custom fields for Contacts, Clients, Matters and Users. This has now been extended to include custom fields for invoices as well. The custom field (value) can also be included in the Excel export (when exporting the invoice list). You can optionally set the custom field for invoices as a “required field”, which means you won’t be able to finalize the invoice without supplying a value. Invoice custom fields will automatically be added to the form fields at the bottom of the invoice edit screen.
- Custom fields can be configured with a list of choices. The custom field will then be presented as a ‘select’ box where you can select one of these choices.
- OnGuard export format: the Legalsense export of unpaid invoices to OnGuard now excludes invoices with an amount of zero.
Please sign in to leave a comment.