The Legalsense update of September 2021 has version number 21.09 and has the following changes:
Single Sign-on via Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AD)
Legalsense can be connected to Microsoft Azure AD. Users in Legalsense can then be linked to users in AD. Linked users can use their Microsoft account to login into Legalsense (Single Sign-on (SSO)). In the near future, we will extend this feature even further. For example, we will provide the possibility to use SSO with your Microsoft account in the Legalsense iPhone/Android app. Please contact Legalsense if you would like to set up the integration with Azure AD for your organization.
Reporting: Expected billable hours
In reporting a field is added for expected billable hours versus actual billable hours. Based on an "Expected (billable) hours" factor and the available workable hours, the expected billable hours for a timekeeper are calculated. For example, if a timekeeper is expected to be billable for 6 out of 8 hours, an "Expected (billable) hours" factor of 0.75 can be set for the timekeeper.
In order to properly map the actual available workable hours, it is possible to configure an activity as to whether it is a "Leave or absence" activity. When calculating the expected billable hours these 'leave hours' will be taken into account.
In the report builder, it is possible to filter and group on the "Leave / absence" activities. In addition, two extra columns ("Non-billable hours (excl. Leave / absence)" and "Leave / absence" hours) are available for the performance overview. Please contact Legalsense support if you would like these columns added to your performance report.
- A daily email notification is added that sends an overview of the missing hours of all users to the configurable recipients. One can choose to include missing hours from the previous business day, today, or from the last five business days in the email. Customers who already have a daily email with an overview of missing hours set up can contact Legalsense support to switch to this new version.
- A personal email notification has been added that sends the missing billable hours to individual users.
- An email notification with an overview of the missing billable hours for all users (grouped by team) from the previous week has been added that is sent to the set users.
- The email notification "Weekly billables overview email" is sorted by matter number.
- When a new matter is created, an automatic email notification can be sent to the "Billing supervisor".
- A printable financial overview has been added to the matter page. This shows all hours, (credit) invoices, advances, disbursements and third-party funds in one overview.
- The status of the "client engagement letter" has been added to the Clients and Matter export.
For a contact, you can indicate the type of legal entity involved. In the case of a domestic legal entity, it is possible to indicate what type of domestic legal entity it concerns. These data will also be included in the AML module. The subtypes can be managed under "Settings - Lists - Legal entity subtypes".
- New address templates have been added where the first name is used instead of the initials of the contact person.
- The length of the initials field of a contact has been changed to a higher number of characters (from 10 to 256).
- For a selection of time entries under "Time - Search" you can choose to adjust the date. This allows you to set a different date for several time entries at once.
- For each type of activity ("time code"), the minimum number of characters of the description can be configured. When writing time, this minimum character amount will then be required.
- When creating invoices by "Matter supervisor" or "Billing supervisor", you can choose to put multiple matters with the same debtor on one invoice (grouped billing).
- By default, advances can always be settled on an invoice in Legalsense, regardless of the payment status of the advance. In the settings, it is now possible to choose to only settle paid advances.
- In an invoice template, it is possible to configure an additional text field. This field is usually used for a textual (manual) specification or an explanation of the specification. When this field is active, it is now also possible to set a default text for it under 'Settings - Billing - Invoice texts'. This default text works in the same way as the default texts for the 'header' and 'footer' fields.
- In the task overview of the billing workflow - when this feature is used in Legalsense - it is possible to filter by the user who created the invoice ("Created by").
- In the AML module, the client risk "Normal/High" risk is split into "Normal" and "High" risk. Existing matters with the status "Normal/High" retain this value.
- When an "Evidence of registration in the UBO register" is uploaded for a UBO then the field "UBO register consulted" is automatically checked.
- The "AML mandatory" field can optionally be hidden in the matter management. As a result, all activities related to the AML can be managed in the AML module.
- When you indicate in the AML module that a client is a domestic legal entity, you can indicate what type of domestic legal entity it concerns.
Integration financial accounting software
- If an integration with accounting software is active, you can search for "accounting number" in disbursements.
- Certain "special" characters in texts that are not suitable to be synchronized to Fortnox are removed.
- Telephone numbers are normalized (converted to numbers only) before they are synchronized to Twinfield. Twinfield does not accept text in the phone number field and this often gave error messages.
- When Legalsense is linked to NetDocuments (document management software), Legalsense can automatically save final invoices to a Workspace in NetDocuments. The invoices were added to the Workspace with a configurable document type (e.g. "Invoices"). It is now also possible to have invoices stored in a specific folder (directory) in a Workspace.
- The pricing schemes "Rate per user" and "Rate per user, certain activities separately" have been renamed to "Rate per timekeeper" and "Rate per timekeeper, activities separately priced".
By default, due to performance reasons, the fields `billed_amount`, `partial_lines`, and `amounts_distribution` are no longer part of what is returned in the Invoice endpoint. These fields can still be requested by adding them as extra parameters to the GET request:
Article is closed for comments.