The Legalsense update of July 2022 has version number 22.07 and includes the following changes:
'Extra conditions' category added to 'Reports'
We have added a category 'Extra conditions' to 'Reports' which opens up a whole new world of possibilities regarding report filtering. For example, you can now:
- Show all rows with Written time above or equal to 60;
- Show all rows with an Outstanding amount that is higher than 1000;
- Show all rows with a Timestamp of the last time entry date less or equal to 2021-12-31
These 'Extra conditions' can be added by editing the report structure below the 'Displayed columns'.
- Invoices can be downloaded based on the template 'single page' even if the invoice is finalized with a different template. This means an invoice can be downloaded without the specification even if the finalized invoice has a specification. N.B. Specification templates were already available as separate downloads.
- LEDES: LEDES templates have a column 'BEGIN_DATE' and 'END_DATE'. These columns default to 'invoice_begin_date' and 'invoice_end_date', which refers to the date of the earliest time entry and the latest time entry on the invoice. This can be changed to 'invoice_begin_date_first_of_month' and 'invoice_end_date_last_of_month', which refers to the first day of the month and the last day of the month (e.g., 01-08-2022 and 31-08-2022) ignoring the date of the time entries on the invoice.
- Trust accounting: Under 'Settings' - 'Lists' - 'Trust accounting', trust accounts can be marked to 'Allow using this trust account to settle on invoices.' However, a suspense account needs to be set up for a trust account with the possibility of the settlement of invoices. Once everything is correctly set up, users with the permission 'manage_invoice_trustaccounting_settlement' will have an extra button available during invoice creation to settle the invoice directly with amounts on the trust account.
- The payment status of disbursements is shown in the disbursement overview. It is added as 'Payment status' in 'Search'. If the filter is set to 'paid', only disbursements on a fully paid invoice are shown as results. If the filter is selected to 'unpaid', only disbursements not yet billed or billed on a not-fully paid invoice are displayed as results. N.B. The 'paid' status does not say anything about whether the purchase invoice of the disbursement has been paid by your firm.
Clients, matters, contacts
- An extra search filter 'Insolvency number' is added to the 'Advanced search' on the matter list page ('Matters'). The result shows all matters where the insolvency number matches (part of) your search criteria.
- When you edit or create a UBO contact on AML matters, you can now enter the date of birth of the UBO contact.
- The performance overview email is now also available for daily recurrence. Each day, the selected users will receive the performance overview report of the previous day. See 'Settings' - 'Notifications'-'Performance'- 'Performance overview email of the previous day'.
- The input of custom fields for clients, contacts, matters, or invoices can be set as text, number, dropdown box, checkbox, and URL. We now also support 'date' fields which will automatically trigger a 'date picker' when selecting the field on a form. See 'Settings'- 'Custom Fields' - 'New' or 'Edit' - 'Widget'.
- Archived and non-selectable users cannot be selected anymore in user group edits ('Practice groups', 'Leverage teams', 'Offices'.). Archived users are no longer shown on the 'Groups' detail page.
- To manage your Word templates you had to go to yourfirm.legalsense.nl/templates/. This has been moved to 'Settings' - 'Lists' - 'Word templates'. This feature can be managed by every user with the permit 'manage_wordtemplates'. Please contact Legalsense support if you want to have this permit added to one of your user groups.
- iManage: Customers who integrate with iManage can filter on the status and matter number. These filters are shown at the top in 'Settings'-'Integrations'-'iManage'.
- eConnect: Webhooks are now used to fix the error "status is not found" after uploading an invoice. This also will automatically update the status whenever it changes.
- Exact Online: Errors unrelated to failed logins no longer lead to re-authentication requests, which lowers the frequency of emails asking users to refresh the token.
- Onguard export: The FTPS port is now configurable. If you want the FTPS port adjusted, please contact Legalsense support.
- API v2: performance improvement when using extra fields on GET /api/v2/invoices/.
- ContactManager: the "dunning to" field is added to the matter debtor form to enable different email recipients to send reminders to. These fields are only available when the feature ContactManager is enabled. These fields 'dunning_to_emails_custom' and 'dunning_cc_emails_custom' are available through API v1.