New version numbering
This year (2019), we are introducing a new version numbering of Legalsense. The version number now reflects the year and the month that the release is issued. In 2018, our last release of Legalsense was 18.139 This release, for February 2019, has the version number 19.02.
The Legalsense update of February 2019 (19.02) includes the following changes:
In this version of Legalsense, we introduce activity groups. With activity groups you have the possibility to link an activity to a group. If you have multiple activity groups, you can choose per matter which groups you want to be available when writing time on that matter. All existing activities in your Legalsense installation, have been added to a Default group. Please DO NOT remove this Default group from the settings.
For customers who used the optional feature to specify which activities should be available on a matter (by using the field ‘Limit activities’), the new activity group options mean that specifying individual activities per matter is not available any more. For each matter that has a set of activities selected a new activity group has been created automatically (and given a generic name).
For more information about activity groups, please see the following knowledge base article: activity groups
Client & matters
- When creating a new matter, the initial value for the language is now set based on the language that is selected on the client;
- The export of contacts (to Excel) has been improved: contacts without an address are now also included in the export. In the previous version, only contacts with an address were included;
- We have added an option "neutral/other" for the gender of a contact person. A contact person with this gender will be addressed (as part of the address template) as “Mx.” by default, for instance: Mx Smith;
- The export of the matter list (to Excel) now also contains the main debtor and the default contact person of the debtor linked to the matter;
- Clients that have been added to the AML checklist for a matter (as extra clients for that matter) can now also be removed.
- The invoice number has been added to the filename of LEDES export (files). Previously, when you exported the LEDES file, the filename was “LEDES.txt”. Now we use the file name “invoicenumber_LEDES.txt” e.g. “20190006_LEDES.txt”;
- Internal comments that have been added to a time entry, can now be edited on the draft invoice (when editing the time entries on the invoice) as well;
- When you use the billing workflow the performance of the task overview page has been improved;
- A new filter for ‘Only credit invoices’ has been added to the Debtor overview page under ‘Advanced search’.
The issue that caused the (authenticated) connection between Legalsense and NetDocuments to expire has been resolved. As long as the connection is in use, it does not expire anymore.