The Legalsense update of June 2019 has the version number 19.06 and includes the following changes:
Recent matter selection for time entry
Selecting a matter when adding/editing a time entry, gives a list of recent matters when you click on or tab to the matter field. The list is limited to the 10 matters that you most recently wrote time on. When typing in the matter field, the list will be replaced by the search result of your input (equal to the current behavior in Legalsense). The recent matters appear in the matter field for: time entry home page, time entry edit, per day time entry and timers. You can select a recent matter by mouse or by keyboard using the arrow keys.
Matter selection and searching is improved:multiple search terms can be combined. For example, searching for ‘Shell advice’ returns the matter ‘Royal Dutch Shell N.V. / Advice regarding expansion’. Multiple search terms (separated by a space) are combined into an ‘AND’ search.
Account manager field for Contacts
We added a field to store the account manager on the contact, making it easier to identify who is responsible for that contact. The account manager field is added to the contact list as a filter and is also included in the export of contacts to Excel. The field is available in the report builder as ‘Contact account manager’. For reporting on invoices it is available as ‘Debtor account manager’. In both cases there is also a field for the office (location) of the account manager.
- You can create a manual breakdown of the fees on the first page of the invoice so that there is more flexibility in how you present the work. You can, for example, break the work down in multiple phases of a project like “Due diligence” and “Closing” and allocate the amounts to that. This manual fee specification only influences what is displayed on the invoice: it does not have any consequences for how the fees are reported in Legalsense or how fee amounts are exported to accounting software like Twinfield. Please see the article 'Manual fee specification' for more information.
- We added the option to display the amounts in two currencies on the first page of an invoice, i.e. the invoice currency and the default currency. If you would like to use this functionality, please contact Legalsense.
- Elements of the same type can be grouped together on the first page of the invoice. This can be useful, for example, if multiple "products" are invoiced to the client. These can then be grouped as a single line on the first page and the details will be shown in the specification. If you want to incorporate this grouping of products in your invoice template, please contact Legalsense support.
- You can now export the amounts in the LEDES export as "ex VAT" instead of the LEDES default where the amounts "including VAT" are expected.
- We added an extra date format option '1-jan-2019' in the LEDES definitions.
- When writing time on a billable matter that does not have a signed engagement letter (returned by the client) stored, a notification can be displayed with each time entry on that matter. This notification can be configured by Legalsense, please contact us if you would like to activate this.
- The performance report is now exported in XLSX format.
- Legalsense can send notifications to the users when they have not written their (full) time yet. We made it easier to configure which user should receive this email and which user should receive a total overview of these missing hours. The settings to send notification emails about missing hours (users not having written their expected hours) are moved to ‘Settings - Notifications’. You can configure a personal email (send to individual users about their own missing hours) and an overview email (which includes a list of users that have missing hours).
- We added a field to the contact to store the BIC code. This field will appear when an IBAN is entered in the Bank account field. When using Twinfield, the BIC code of the debtor is added to the sync. The BIC code is a required field in Twinfield when you add a foreign IBAN to a contact/debtor.
- The option to block time entry on a matter can be tied to amatter status. When you have for example a matter status defined as ‘Draft’ and want to block time entry for matter with that status, this can be automatically activated with this new option. Please contact Legalsense support if you want to configure different matter statuses.
- A field for ‘to_emails’ and ‘cc_emails’ are added to the Invoice endpoint. These fields contain the configured (external) email addresses that an invoice was configured to be send to when it was initially created. The fields can hold multiple email addresses.
- The debtor address field (address used on an Invoice) is available in the Invoice endpoint.
- The above mentioned account manager field is available in the Contact endpoint (and also added to our v1 API).
- The above mentioned BIC code field (bank_account_bic) is available in the Contact endpoint (and also added to our v1 API).
Please sign in to leave a comment.